Practices: Litigation & Arbitration
Our practice addresses almost every kind of contractual dispute. We offer experienced Arbitrators who advise our clients across various matters including disputes and claims relating to commercial and financial disputes, construction and engineering claims, international trade disputes, fraud and financial crime, technology and IP disputes, employment, real estate, restructuring and insolvency.
Borders & Gates base of clients among the dispute resolution ranges of domestic and international clients who are multinational firms like but not limited to; Financial Institutions, Investment Firms, Private Equity Firms, Oil & Gas corporations, Retailers, HNWIs, Contractual Counterparts, Brokers, Engineers, JVs, M&A and Developers.
Our team act in investment arbitration matters under bilateral and multilateral treaties and advise in respect of complex issues of public international law. Borders & Gates team is multilingual, culturally diverse, and admitted to practice in a wide variety of jurisdictions in English & Arabic.
We deal with Arbitration Tribunals under the key Arbitration Institutions in the Region:
- DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Centre
- The Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre
- International Islamic Centre for Reconciliation and Arbitration (IICRA)
- Sharjah International Commercial Arbitration Centre (Tahkeem)
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre for Reconciliation and Commercial Arbitration
- London International Arbitration Center
- New York International Arbitration Center
Employment & Immigration
We advise our clients about the UAE Labour & Immigration Laws and Regulations. Also hold responsible for their accounts with the Ministry of Labour and Immigration.
Key aspects of our work include advising on but not limited to:
- Contracts of Employment (Senior Management | Directors | Staff)
- Breach of Agreements
- General Employment Issues (termination, dismissal, end of service benefit claims, protection of confidential information and business interests)
- Business Structure (Transfer of employment, Change of Employment Conditions, Dismissal and Redundancy)
- Employment Policies (Maternity, Misconduct Procedures, Performance)
- Visa and Immigration Procedures
As UAE recognises and allows the concept of freedom of contracts. This consequently allows contractual counterparts to regulate their relationship as per what serves their interests.
Having that said, then some crucial points must be considered when drafting a Contract and at Borders & Gates we make sure that contracts are drafted Fairly, Professionally and Clearly.
Our scope of contracts drafting include the following:
- Key characteristics, components and types of contract.
- The conclusion of the contract: its terms and representations.
- Procedures, requirements and phases of managing contracts.
- Complex negotiation in the conclusion and realization of the contract.
- Strategies and methodologies in managing contract to perceive & prevent disputes.
- Identifying issues and implementing protocols in all the stages of contract executions.
- Strategic considerations and approaches in drafting the contract in accordance with the common contract clauses.
- Contract management implementation procedures and pitfalls.
- Rights and obligations of the parties under the contract.
- Arbitration rules and mediation procedures.
- Access to justice for contracts.
- The fundamental legal principles and provisions in regulating international contracts.
- Implementing regulations and evaluations on tender documents procedures.
- Preparation and primary factors in an effective and successful contract management.
- General conditions and data requirements in drafting contracts.
Borders & Gates intermediates in various types of deals on behalf of its clients or as a deal feasibility advisor. This way we protect our clients from wasting time and money supporting them think strategically, capturing opportunities and conducting Due Diligence process.
Due to diversified team with its expertise combined attract businesses from different industries performing Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax Advisory, Legal Shape and laws and regulations compliance.